Warm spiced mulled cider brings Fall flavors to vanilla ice cream, topped with granola for a unique twist on the Italian classic.
Mulled Apple Cider Affogato is an American twist on the classic Italian dessert that’s perfect for the cooler months. And it also works for that time before it gets cold but the calendar tells us it’s time for cozy things.
Warm, herbed mulled cider pairs perfectly with vanilla ice cream, and when topped with granola, it takes on the vibe of an ice cream-topped apple crisp with way less prep work and time. It also goes great with some homemade whiskey whipped cream (and let’s be honest, homemade is the only way to enjoy whipped cream). This is the dessert you need this Fall.
Why You Should Make This Recipe
- Warm and comforting with minimal prep – Warm cider + vanilla ice cream = all the cozy feels in just three easy steps
- Bursting with Fall flavors – herbed mulled cider has almost every single quintessential Fall spice and herb you can imagine. The cider alone wi
- Unique take on Fall desserts – impress your guests by how simple and not cliche this recipe is
My favorite thing about this recipe is how easy it is to throw together. Like seriously.
- Good vanilla ice cream
- Hot mulled Cider
See recipe card for quantities.
If you can scoop and pour stuff, you can make this recipe. Here’s how to do it.
Scoop vanilla ice cream into a small bowl
Pour hot mulled apple cider over vanilla ice cream
Sprinkle granola on top
Enjoy your affogato!
Remember that image SEO is important: file names should reflect the recipe + step they represent. Only use alt text as a screen reader description. Do not use captions.
If you need to modify this recipe, I recommend the following substitutions:
- To Make Dairy Free– instead of dairy ice cream, you can always use a non-dairy alternative, such as oat milk or coconut milk ice cream!
- To Make Gluten Free – consider crumbling gluten-free ginger cookies or omitting toppings entirely, if you don’t have them on hand
- Mulled Cider – if you don’t have time to make mulled cider, you can heat up regular apple cider in the microwave.
The meltyness of this recipe is both this dessert’s best quality and what keeps it from lasting in the fridge or freeze properly in the freezer. If you’re making this recipe, I highly recommend that you assemble everything right before (maybe even after) you serve.
Mulled Apple Cider Affogato
Hot mulled cider poured over cold vanilla ice cream makes for a unique and cozy twist on this classic Italian dessert.
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup mulled apple cider (hot)
- ¼ cup of granola
1. Scoop ice cream: Divide ice cream evenly among two small bowls, being sure to keep ice cream in the center of the bowl. Bowls should be big enough so that ice cream doesn't take up the entire bowl. Each bowl should have about 1 cup of ice cream per bowl.
2. Pour Cider: Carefully pour about ¼ of a cup of hot mulled apple cider over ice cream in each bowl.
3. Sprinkle granola: Sprinkle granola over both bowls of ice cream
4. Enjoy: Eat ice cream immediately.
Because this dessert is so reliant on the quality of the ice cream, it's important to buy good ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 3gSugar: 43gProtein: 7g
Leave a Reply