Make popcorn that’s perfect for the season! Covered in sweet white chocolate mixed with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, this popcorn tastes like Fall dreams come true.
Why Make Pumpkin Pie Spiced Popcorn
Popcorn is the perfect snack this time of year, especially while watching spooky movies. Making it into a sweet treat kicks it up a level, but adding pumpkin puree basically makes me feel like the queen of Fall.
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Popcorn is drizzled with melted white chocolate, which is flavored with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice (obviously). It’s perfectly sweet and so easy to make before watching Hocus Pocus Two. Here are a few more reasons to make this recipe:
- An amazing sweet and salty combo: think kettle corn, but with pumpkin pie flavors and white chocolate
- Quick prep: assemble this snack in just five minutes!
- Simple to make: to illustrate my point, here are the quick directions: assemble and melt chocolate, put it on the popcorn, let it dry. That’s it.
- Five Ingredients: that you may already even have around the house this time of year!
For other sweet treats to accompany your favorite at-home Fall festivities, check out the Apple Cider Affogato, Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans, Boozy Pumpkin Cream Puffs or Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie.
You only need a few ingredients for this recipe
- Pre-popped popcorn (I love to use the simple sea salt versions you can buy at the grocery store, like Skinny Pop to prevent competing flavors, but you can use buttered microwave popcorn too)
- White chocolate chips (Tollhouse and Ghirardelli are my favorites)
- Pumpkin puree (Libby)
- Pumpkin pie spice (I buy mine at Trader Joe’s, but you can also make your own using a recipe, like this one)
- Sea salt
See recipe card for quantities.
Making Pumpkin Pie Spiced Popcorn is actually easier than pie!
Combine white chocolate chips, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a small bowl, stir to distribute ingredients evenly.
Microwave for 30 seconds, then remove, stirring until all ingredients are melted and combined.
Pour popcorn into a large bowl and drizzle melted pumpkin white chocolate evenly over popcorn. Use a spoon to stir and distribute popcorn evenly.
Place popcorn on a wax paper-lined baking sheet to dry.
All microwaves are different. If chocolate chips aren’t melted after stirring following the first 30 seconds in the microwave, microwave for another 30 seconds.
You can make the following substitutions to flex this recipe to different dietary needs:
- Vegan – to make vegan, use dairy-free white chocolate chips
- Lower Sodium– to reduce sodium content in this recipe, use unsalted popcorn and tweak about of salt in white chocolate as needed
If you don’t have wax paper to lay the melted white chocolate covered popcorn on, you can also line your baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Because of the moisture content in the pumpkin puree, it’s recommended that this popcorn be enjoyed the same day so that it retains its crunch. But, if it must be stored, we’d recommend using a paper lunch bag. If you don’t have a paper lunch bag, use a plastic resealable bag and enjoy within 24 hours (though popcorn may be less crunchy by then).
Be sure that you’re using high quality popcorn to make this recipe as it’s the base. A mix with mushroom or butterfly types (like most microwave popcorn varieties or Skinny Pop or Boom Chicka Pop) is best for this recipe so that it’s light, but also can stand up to the heavy chocolate.
No sweat! If you have popcorn kernels, you can make the popcorn in an ordinary pot! This is my favorite method that works perfectly every time. You can find popcorn kernels at most local grocery stores.
Yes! You can still make this recipe, just omit the pumpkin puree and make as normal.
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Popcorn
Pumpkin White Chocolate Popcorn is a perfect Fall snack that includes white chocolate flavored with real pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. It's perfectly sweet and salty and is incredibly easy to make.
- ½ cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 4 cups of quarts of lightly salted popcorn (popped)
- Add white chocolate chips, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and salt into a small microwave-safe bowl and stir to distribute. Microwave for 30 seconds, then remove and stir immediately until all chips are melted and ingredients are fully combined. If needed, microwave for an additional 30 seconds and stir again, repeating until all white chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and drizzle white chocolate across all popcorn evenly, then use a spoon or spatula to distribute white chocolate evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, parchment paper or foil then pour popcorn across the baking sheet in one layer to allow for white chocolate to dry (about 20-30 minutes) before enjoying.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Leave a Reply